Michael Lee joined Hospitality Taskforce, Inc, in February 2009 after 30 plus years in sales, operations, and marketing. He began his career with the Hilton Hawaiian Village and joined Western International Hotels in 1977, followed by a twenty-year career with ITT Sheraton Hotels in Hawaii beginning in 1981.
Michael’s extensive Hotel Sales and Operations experience were at the following properties:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village – Food and Beverage and Catering
- Ilikai Hotel and the Wailea Beach Hotel – Honolulu and Maui, Sales Manager
- Sheraton Hotels in Hawaii – (twenty years of progressive growth) Sheraton Maui and Sheraton Molokai, Sales Manager, Regional Sales for 17 hotels (based in LA), Account Director, Sheraton Royal Waikoloa, Director of Sales, Sheraton Molokai, Director of Sales and Marketing, Sheraton Kauai in Poipu, Kauai, Director of Sales and Marketing, Desert Inn (Las Vegas), Director of Sales, Westin Maui, Director of Sales and Marketing
- Courtyard by Marriott (former Sheraton Coconut Beach Hotel), Director of Sales and Marketing, Wailua, Kauai, Hawaii
- Flamingo Hilton, Director of Marketing (Las Vegas)
- Hampton Inn Tropicana, Assistant General Manager/Director of Sales (Las Vegas)
- Riviera Hotel and Casino, Director of Sales (Las Vegas)
- Sunset Station/Fiesta Henderson, Director of Sales (Henderson, NV)
He is a U.S. Army veteran with the Army Security Agency (ASA) and an advocate for veteran benefits and rights.
Michael continues and remains active in the hospitality industry with past membership in MPI.
Michael Lee and Tony DiRaimondo met at an MPI event in Los Angeles in 1985. They became karaoke partners, singing the oldies together. Fortunately for the world, they no longer sing in public!